Do you feel that God may be calling you into the ministry? We want to walk with you, your family, and your church to help you Explore Your Call. Our hope is that you will connect with us, because you are not alone in your faith journey.
- Fill out our questionnaire Get Started Here and, at your request, we will send you a book in the mail to aid in the process of clarifying God’s call in your life.
- Attend one of our Regional Events
- Follow our Blog and Instagram account (@exploreyourcall).
- Check our website frequently to find the latest resources and information about education and service opportunities.
We believe there are three core elements to answering God’s call on your life: Clarifying, Preparing, and Practicing. Below we’ve listed some action steps you can take.
Clarifying God’s Call
The desire of Explore Your Call is for young men and women sensing the call to seek the Lord’s will for their lives and explore its possibility and nature. You can start by… Talking with your pastor or student pastor Attending an Explore Your Call regional event where you can meet other students and talk with men and women already serving in ministry. Reading a book about calling. We recommend (and will send to you for free!) “Discerning Your Call to Ministry,” by Jason Allen.
Preparing for God’s Call
The call to ministry is a call to prepare. You can begin preparing for ministry by…
- Finding a mentor(s) currently serving in ministry.
- Researching educational opportunities, including college, seminary, or other training.
- Serving in different areas of ministry. (Internships are an excellent way to both explore and prepare!)
Practicing God’s Call
A call to ministry does not begin years after God places it on the soul. It begins now. Beginning to serve and minister wherever and whenever God provides opportunity is faithfulness to His calling on one’s life. You can put His calling into practice by…
- Volunteering in your local church.
- Serving through an internship, part-time/bi-vocational position.
- Going on a mission trip.
- Staffing camps, Disciple Now weekends, or retreats